Zipp's 404 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake wheels are a go-to speed weapon for any situation. Their aero and crosswind-stable 58mm rim depth is ideal for road races, time trial and triathlon, gran fondos, and endless training over all types of terrain. The 404 Firecrest Tubeless Disc brake is infused with technologies developed in our Indianapolis advanced development lab. Zipp's ABLC Sawtooth Technology uses a complex dimpling pattern to improve aero efficiency. At the center of the 404 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake is a versatile and durable new hubset, the German-engineered ZR1 DB. If you had to choose just one wheel for road riding and racing, the 404 Firecrest Tubeless Disc brake is a savvy and speedy choice.
- All-around aero 58mm rim depth with proven crosswind stability
- ABLC Sawtooth dimple design helps manage airflow around the rim and contributes to a faster, more stable wheel
- Tubeless, ensuring secure performance even when ridden at lower tire pressures
- ZR1 DB hub is engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability and quicker response with 66 points of engagement
- Superior modulation and stopping power of disc brakes
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
- Center Lock rotor interface (lockring included)
- Ships with 12mm end caps
Going tubeless allows you to run lower tire pressures without the added weight of a tube. Lower tire pressure has many benefits, including greater traction, lower rolling resistance over rough surfaces, and decreased risk of a puncture-related flat.
Tubeless-ready rims and tires are parts of a complete system that eliminate the need for tubes by creating an airtight chamber between the rim and tire. Liquid sealant is added to the chamber to fill small punctures and maintain air pressure while you ride.
UST (Universal Standard for Tubeless) is a specific type of tubeless system that dictates the shape of the rim and tire beads. UST rims should be paired with UST-specific tires for best results.
|Rim||Carbon Clincher, symmetrical, tubeless ready|
|Brake Compatibility||Disc brake (Center Lock)|
|Axle||142 x 12mm thru-axle|
|Hub||ZR1 Disc Brake|
|Nipples||Sapim Secure-Loc, aluminum|
|Inner Rim Width||19mm|
* Subject to change without notice.
|142 x 12mm / Shimano/SRAM / Black / 700c||710845855481||00.1918.520.000||19586|