At Green Lizard Cycling we have 3 of the best service professionals in the business. Our service professionals have over 100 years of cycling experience and mechanical expertise, providing mechanic support for 2 Olympics, 4 different professional racing teams in Europe, track races, Race Across America, Ironman Triathlon’s, cyclocross, and mountain biking. This insures that whatever your mechanical needs are Green Lizard Cycling has you covered.
Don’t be intimidated by our staff’s vast experience, we service and support all bikes and every rider from the occasional rider to the pro rider and will take the time to clearly explain the issue and how we intend to resolve it.
We are conveniently located at 718 Lynn Street in Herndon, VA 20170, mile 19.8 on the W&OD trail . We open at 7:00 am everyday to support commuters and on the spot trail emergencies, such as brake issues, shifting problems, tire and tube repair, spoke replacement, and wheel truing.
Our standard turnaround for service is 48 hours on most repairs, which we are able to achieve even throughout the busiest part of the year simply because of our experienced and capable staff.
Stop by and meet Bernard, Les, and Brad.
Green Lizard Service Packages
GLC Tune- $139
- Entire bike is degreased and washed
- Frame, fork, tires, and wheels are inspected for structural integrity and damage
- Cables and housing are lubricated where possible
- Hub bearings are adjusted, wheels are trued
- Derailleurs are adjusted for correct alignment, limits, and cable tension
- Brake pads are cleaned, brake surface is cleaned, and brake calipers are positioned for correct alignment
- Chain and pivot points are lubricated
- All fasteners on bicycle are checked for correct torque
- Bike is test ridden to ensure proper function
GLC Ultra Tune-$200
- Includes all services from the GLC Tune
- Drivetrain components (Chain, cassette, crank, and derailleurs) will be removed and cleaned in an ultrasonic cleaner for a thorough removal of grease, dirt, and grit.
- May require an additional cost for chain reassembly pin
GLC Mega Lizard Overhaul-$300
- Bike is stripped to the frame. Wheels, tires, parts, and frame are inspected for wear and damage.
- All components are placed in ultrasonic cleaner
- All bearings are overhauled, loose ball bearings are replaced and packed with fresh grease. Cartridge bearings are assessed and replaced if necessary with no additional labor cost
- Wheels are checked and adjusted for correct tension and true
- Bike is assembled with correct treatment for all threaded fasteners
- Bike is assembled with new cables and housing (Black, Gray, or White housing)
- Handlebars are wrapped with new bar tape of your choosing
- Cost of bar tape is additional
GLC Bike Wash-$30
- Bike is cleaned the same way as the pros in our indoor bike wash bay
GLC Ultrasonic Drivetrain Clean-$60
- Drivetrain components (Chain, cassette, crank, and derailleurs) are removed from the bike and placed into our ultrasonic cleaner for a deep removal of grease and dirt.
- May require additional cost for chain reassembly pin
General Service items include but are not limited to:
Complete disassembly and rebuild
Custom Bike Builds
Wheel Truing & Building
General brake and derailleur adjustments
Bottom bracket service
Head Bearing Service
Wheel Hub Service
Rack and fender installation
Tube and tire installation
Component Replacement & Upgrade
Anything your bike needs